Another Friday, another round of bank failures. These week's lucky winners, with their costs to the FDIC deposit insurance fund, are:
- NorthWest Bank and Trust, Acworth, Georgia, $39.8 million
- Bayside Savings Bank, Port Saint Joe, Florida, $16.2 million
- Coastal Community Bank, Panama City Beach, Florida, $94.5 million
- The Cowlitz Bank, Longview, Washington, $68.9 million
- LibertyBank, Eugene, Oregon, $115.3 million
Looks like fishing for failure in Panama City caught a whopper. The national tally for 2010 is 108 bank closures.
The two Florida banks make the state closure tally 20 for 2010.