Question: What is the biggest sacrilege on The Economic Populist?
Answer: To write Economic Fiction
Question: What is Economic Fiction?
Answer: Any statement that cannot be backed up in statistical fact and theory.
Question: What happens if I write Economic Fiction?
Answer: It depends on the severity.
Here are causes for immediate banning:
- Posting comments to promote a business or website. Examples are payday loans or selling gold, credit cards. If you wish to advertise on The Economic Populist, please contact us but product comment spam is not tolerated. We will not advertise scams or predatory lending.
- Writing an Economic Fiction post which has no basis in statistics or theory
- Promoting violence
- Conspiracy theorist statements
Question: What is a conspiracy theorist statement?
Answer: Something which cannot be proved in historic or statistical fact.
- The Federal Reserve are the Illuminati
- All Economic theory is wrong
- Money is a plot to enslave all people
Question: What is off topic?
Answer: Anything not based in logic, statistic fact and not directly related to the topics of economics in some fashion. Examples are:
- Abortion is immoral, life begins at conception
- Indians are the new Aryan race
- People are lazy, stupid and immoral
Question: I do not understand why this is a problem, can you be more specific?
Answer: If you do not understand this post, the rules or why such comments and topics are a problem, maybe you should consider looking for another community blog. It's a big Internet and The Economic Populist is an economics based community blog only. Our goal, from a layman's perspective, is to focus on reality based policy, theory and fact....not promote more spin, confusion and fiction.