Lobbyists are pouring money into D.C. on health care reform.
The fact is these massive funds flooding D.C. to buy our Government are ill gotten profits from sick people. It's all a huge effort to maintain the status quo, keep their for profit industry intact and to block any assemblance to single payer universal health care reform.
Below is a table of the funds dumped on D.C. in Q1, 2009. If you have more numbers, please consider leaving them in a comment with a reference and it will be added to the tally.
|American Hospital Association||$18.4M|
|America's Health Insurance Plans||$6.4M|
|American Medical Association||$4.4M|
|Advanced Medical Technology||$0.36M|
Update: This Huffington Post blog, The Health Insurance Mafia Deserves a Good Screwing, lists some health care industry CEO paychecks:
- Ron Williams - Aetna - Total Compensation: $24,300,112.
- H. Edward Hanway - CIGNA - Total Compensation: $12,236,740.
- Angela Braly - WellPoint - Total Compensation: $9,844,212.
- Dale Wolf - Coventry Health Care - Total Compensation: $9,047,469.
- Michael Neidorff - Centene - Total Compensation: $8,774,483.
- James Carlson - AMERIGROUP - Total Compensation: $5,292,546.
- Michael McCallister - Humana - Total Compensation: $4,764,309.
- Jay Gellert - Health Net - Total Compensation: $4,425,355.
- Richard Barasch - Universal American - Total Compensation: $3,503,702.
- Stephen Hemsley - UnitedHealth Group - Total Compensation: $3,241,042.