Like Happy Hour, who can start the weekend without a few bank failures? This week's 2010 demise lovelies with their costs to the FDIC deposit insurance fund are:
- Community National Bank at Bartow, Bartow, FL: $10.3 million
- Independent National Bank, Ocala, FL: $23.2 million
- Imperial Savings & Loan Association, Martinsville , VA: $3.5 million
- ShoreBank, Chicago, IL: $367.7 million
- Pacific State Bank, Stockton, CA: $32.6 million
- Butte Community Bank, Chico, CA: $17.4 million
- Los Padres Bank, Solvang, California: $8.7 million
- Sonoma Valley Bank, Sonoma, CA: $10.1 million
That's the 8th this year for California.
Shorebank specialized in low income loans and had strong ties to Washington, it was heavily political.